At Coward, Hicks & Siler, PA, our attorneys have been representing developers, contractors and builders for more than a half-century. We have watched our communities grow and thrive in part because of developers bringing commerce to these southern mountains. We take great pride in the part we’ve helped play in the making of this history.
Construction law is a broad area of practice. It covers zoning and permitting, contract negotiation and development, planning approval, and management of the many of relationships that must flow together so that time and budgetary constraints can be met. To this end, our construction law attorneys are experienced in representing all of the players involved in construction, from the smallest project to major commercial and residential developments. These include owners and developers, general and subcontractors, specialty trade contractors, suppliers, engineers, architects, and other industry players.
From planning and permitting through groundbreaking, our goal is to ensure thorough compliance with limitations imposed by municipalities and to thoroughly craft all of the contracts necessary to successfully manage the project. Those can include:
- lien filings
- contract and subcontract agreement negotiation, review and drafting
- project review and evaluation
- representation regarding tribal construction projects
As well as associated corporate legal services, including:
- corporate formation
- non-compete agreements
- confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements
- corporate mergers and acquisitions
- sale of business or business’s assets
The unfortunate reality of every construction project is that things go wrong, deadlines get missed and contracts are breached. Our trial attorneys are experienced in all phases of the construction process, including litigation and arbitration of the complex matters surrounding construction claims. Those might include:
- construction and mechanic lien claims
- construction defects claims
- non-performance matters involving scheduling, performance, delay and disruption claims
- warranty claims
- regulatory compliance and citation defense
- collections involving project performance
- commercial transaction disputes
- construction contract disputes
Our extensive history in construction law has provided us the opportunity to create a close network with industry professionals required to successfully litigate claims. These might include accounting professionals, engineering experts, architectural experts and other witnesses skilled in specific matters involving construction litigation. We offer full service construction law representation.