High Net Worth & Complex Divorce
Often substantially more complex than even the most confrontational middle-class divorce, those involving large estates, closely held family business, professional practices, and other substantial net worth require sophisticated legal experience, knowledge and understanding. This is especially true when circumstances include:
- wealth related to business or other assets requiring valuation;
- issues relative to business entity ownership, real estate, art and other collections, employee contracts and benefit plans;
- complex marital history and financial holdings requiring detailed forensic review, or when the extent or character (marital or separate) of the property is in question;
- assessment and evaluation of debt distribution, intangible property and tax implications;
- international and interstate assets and investments;
- risk of unwanted exposure or significant spousal support; or
- the parties engage in dramatic, combative behaviors.
Much of the process of valuation and investigation is handled by forensic experts like accountants and business valuation experts. Because of this, background preparation and presentation of such cases utilizing the right experts in highly specialized fields is critical. It is intrinsically important that your attorney be able to recognize and account for a wide variety of legal and financial issues, so that the right team of experts can be assembled. This is so important that many times the entire financial side of your divorce boils down to a battle of these experts and what they are able to uncover. Because of this, the attorney you select should not only possess professional special experience, but also adequate resources and access to top level experts in order to be truly effective.
While not limiting his practice solely to these matters, Monty Beck has extensive experience investigating, negotiating and litigating high net worth dissolution matters. He is devoted to effectively and efficiently resolving disputes relative to marital asset and debt valuation and complex estate division and focuses on offering high-quality legal services, and personal attention tailored to address your needs.
For an initial assessment of your immediate needs and long term goals in Western North Carolina, Board Certified Family Law Specialist Monty Beck has offices in Asheville and Franklin for your convenience.